Take1 Insurance has announced that its underwriting partner Intact Insurance Specialty Solutions, a brand of Intact Financial Corporation (TSX: IFC), will, for the next 90 days, sponsor the Event Safety Alliance online Event Safety Access Training (ESAT) course that is now available here, enabling live event professionals to complete the training free of charge.
“The entire live event industry has been sidelined for more than a year and that means that a certain amount of rust has to be removed for the industry to return to work in a safe and secure way,” Take1 Insurance Senior Vice President Scott Carroll said.
“In remarkable demonstration of its commitment to ensuring the health and safety of the industry we serve, our underwriting partner, Intact Insurance Specialty Solutions, has generously agreed to sponsor the course until 1 August,” Carroll continued.
“We’re pleased to do our part in helping industry professionals get back on their feet and return to work in the safest way possible,” emphasised President of Intact Entertainment, Joe Fitzgerald. “The ESAT course developed by the Event Safety Alliance provides comprehensive core safety skills training for live event professionals and we’re very proud to be a sponsor and enable those returning to work free access to vital training.”
Event Safety Alliance President and Founder, Jim Digby, added: “Because the Event Safety Alliance is committed to enhancing safety competencies for live event professionals, we have created Event Safety Access Training (ESAT). ESAT is an online entry-level safety awareness training program and competency credential created specifically for those working in an event environment. By providing standardized core safety training, it helps improve the way our industry does business and demonstrates an individual’s or employer’s commitment to safe work practices.”
Event Safety Access Training is designed to:
- Heighten individual awareness that safety is a priority and collaborative endeavor.
- Begin the cultural change in the way event professionals currently regard safety.
- Instill important concepts for individuals to consider while on the job.
- Provide a verifiable means for demonstrating safety competency; Empower individuals with the knowledge that safety is in everyone’s interest and within everyone’s personal responsibility; and
- Educate individuals to successfully address safety concerns in the challenging circumstances presented by live event productions.
Intact Insurance will sponsor online training course for 90 days, available here.