LEWITT brings studio sound to the stage with the new MTP W950 true condenser handheld for wired and wireless.
In the past, condenser handheld microphones were considered a risky business for loud stages regarding feedback issues. The MTP W950 solves this problem by combining a 1” true condenser capsule for amazing studio sound quality with an industry-defining rear rejection of up to 90%.
MTP W950 can be used wired or with a wireless system. The 1” true condenser capsule is detachable and compatible with a variety of industry-standard wireless handheld transmitters. If you’re performing in the rehearsal room or a small venue, you can go wired via an XLR cable. If you play a big stage, you can simply go wireless. And since the MTP W950 features a studio capsule, you can easily bring it to recording sessions as well.
The MTP W950 features extremely clear sound, keeping handling noise to an absolute minimum while its dual layer design eliminates wind noise and plosives. The optimised capsule placement forgives even the most creative microphone grasping techniques, and high sound quality will be maintained even when half the grille is covered.
To provide full flexibility in all scenarios, the MTP W950 comes with switchable cardioid and supercardioid polar patterns, a 120 Hz low-cut filter, and 12 dB attenuation to reduce sensitivity and raise the maximum sound pressure level up to 152 dBSPL.
Before its release, the MTP W950 has already been on some of the world’s biggest stages for the last year through a comprehensive worldwide beta test. Night after night, professional live sound engineers have used it with star acts like the Rolling Stones, T-Pain, and Kehlani, getting reliable sound quality no matter the venue.
The MTP W950 will be in stores from 8 March 2023 for $/€ 799.- The capsule (W9) is available for $/€ 649.-
- 1” true condenser capsule for outstanding studio sound on stage
- Wired XLR microphone with detachable head for industry-standard wireless systems
- Over 90% rear rejection for clear mixes
- High wind noise and plosive resistance through dual layer capsule protection
- Cupping-safe capsule placement
- Ruggedness for everyday stage use
- Tried and tested on the world’s biggest stages by professional live sound engineers and a-list artists
- Switchable between cardioid and supercardioid polar patterns
- Switchable 12 dB attenuation
- Switchable 120 Hz low-cut filter
- Transport case with space for handheld transmitter and in-ears