Shure has introduced the KSM11 Wireless Vocal Microphone Capsule, the Company’s new state-of-the-art premium condenser microphone transducer technology. With an elegant combination of low and mid-range clarity and essential high-end detail, the KSM11 is already being adopted by some of the industry’s biggest names.
As live sound production has evolved over the decades, vocals have increasingly relied on meticulous signal processing to cut through the mix. Shure developed the KSM11 to provide the most natural, transparent, and high-clarity sound without necessitating the use of additional processing for in-person, broadcast, simulcast, and live-streamed performances. Whether an audience is listening live at a concert or streaming the show at home, the KSM11 ensures the vocals are captured in unmatched clarity.
The KSM11 offers the full lows and clear mids typically found in dynamic microphones and the high-end detail provided by condenser microphones to deliver transparent and stunning vocal reproduction. Combined with exceptional off-axis rejection, outstanding capsule shock isolation, and plosive protection, the KSM11 presents an artifact-free artist performance to audio engineers on which to build their mix. This means they can spend less time applying processing and focus instead on elevating the entire performance.
Available in black and brushed nickel finishes for use on Shure wireless handheld transmitters, this next generation in the KSM line benefits from a lighter, streamlined design. With specifically developed microphone technology for wireless, the KSM11 transducer is outfitted with a ¾” gold diaphragm and premium electronics for industry-leading dynamic range. The KSM11 accurately presents artists’ vocals with unprecedented clarity and virtually zero handling noise, thanks to its advanced suspended isolation system.
“Through our strong relationships with customers and engineers, we learned exactly what artists need in a top-tier condenser vocal microphone. No detail was overlooked. That’s why the KSM11 is so exceptional,” shared John Born, Associate Director, Global Product Management, at Shure. “When coupled with our industry-leading digital wireless, the KSM11 delivers vocals in the purest form, freeing the engineer to build their mix around the most important channel on their desk – the artist.”
KSM11’s key benefits for professional users:
• Proprietary wireless condenser capsule using a ¾” gold diaphragm and premium electronics for exceptional dynamic range and transient response
• Highly consistent, deep cardioid polar pattern reduces off-axis phase distortion for pristinely focused vocal reproduction to provide rich and full low frequency response, linear and transparent mid-range and natural high-end detail
• Streamlined design for an overall smaller and lighter capsule footprint
• Advanced suspended isolation system for virtually zero handling noise
• Dent-resistant hardened steel grille with 3-stage plosive reduction pop filtering for consistent, artifact-free vocals
• Available in black or brushed nickel finish for use with compatible Shure handheld wireless transmitters.