About the Role
An internationally established innovator, developer and manufacturer of market leading lighting products is seeking an experienced Product Engineering Manager to play an important role in product development and support activities to deliver world class products for their customers. In this role you will manage a team of product engineers and specialists to lead new product evaluations and diagnosing product issues to ensure the products meet all customer requirements. In this role you will also be required to travel regularly visiting customers and partners, as well as attending trade shows to meet and build relationships with lighting designers, specifiers and other industry influencers to better understand their needs and address them to the product development team. You will also be required to provide first class product trainings and demonstrations.
It is essential that you have strong technical knowledge and at least 5+ years of hands-on experience working in the entertainment lighting sector in a variety of roles being responsible for product evaluations or as a lead technician for an AV / production / rental /events services company. To excel in this role, you should possess strong organisational, leadership and communication and problem-solving skills to successfully lead a team of product engineers and technicians and effectively collaborate with all functions of a global organisation (product management, customer service, sales, quality control, tech repair), as well as end-users, resellers and manufacturing partners. In addition, you should speak fluent English and be ready and willing to travel extensively.
Key skills and experience:
- Strong technical knowledge and expertise in the professional entertainment lighting industry
- Team leadership / management experience
- Experience in a similar role, being responsible for product evaluations
- Background as lead technician for an AV/production/rental/event company with hands-on experience working with lighting equipment
- Degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical experience and qualifications
- Strong intellect and problem-solving skills with ability to think on the fly
- Strong management and leadership skills, previous team management experience
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Business savvy, demonstrable commercial experience and dimension
- Fluent English
- Ability and willingness to travel
Apply now at: www.interfacio.com