Head of Asset Management (UK)
15th August 2011 - 10:15 BST
Responsible to: Chief Operating Officer
Responsibility: UK Asset Management Team and Logistic Supervisor
As the world's leading supplier of entertainment technology equipment and services, Production Resource Group provides lighting, scenic LED and rigging services to the live events and entertainment industries.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working alongside the Global Asset Management Team your primary focus will be to maximise the utilisation of the rental assets and to identify opportunities for maximising profit.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Identify best use of UK assets through monitoring of the Team database and equipment bookings.
• Manage and oversee UK physical inventory.
• Develop and manage strategic relationships with suppliers.
• Plan inventory purchases throughout the financial year to maximise rental potential and liaise with the European Asset Manager with regard to the management of the CapEx budgets and purchasing.
• Manage and oversee equipment sub-rentals ensuring that the Company is obtaining the best possible rates for hires.
• Keep all staff informed of new equipment additions to inventory.
• Liaise with European Asset Management Team to identify potential transfers of equipment to maximise utilisation and minimise CapEx.
• Calculation of CapEx budgets on a specific show basis.
• Develop strategic relationships with customers for inventory disposal.
• Identify equipment for disposal/sale, including European assets where appropriate.
• Actively contribute to European Asset Management strategy.
• Keep up to date with the group’s inventory.
• Attend other locations as required.
• Ensuring that the Company’s policies, rules, procedures and obligations are observed in carrying out the above duties.
Skills and Attributes Required:
• Extensive experience in asset management planning.
• Ability to think strategically and to convey ideas effectively to others.
• Ability to prioritise and cope with a demanding workload.
• A desire to understand and keep customer’s needs continually in the forefront when taking actions.
• Good understanding of financial management and control.
• Proven leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills.
• High degree of numeracy and literacy, with a disciplined approach to attention to detail.
• Good working knowledge of lighting, rigging, video and audio equipment.
• Desire to keep up to date with market and industry trends.
• In-depth experience of rental stock control management systems.
• Excellent data base and IT skills.
• Strong negotiating skills.
• Ability to build and maintain supplier relationships.
• Analytical and methodical approach to work.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Willingness to travel to other PRG locations if required.
Please apply in writing, including a cover letter and CV to Suzanne Scott, Head of Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org