Scott Johnson Tribute
Richard Young And Ant Carr pay their respects to tragic Scott Johnson.
When it came touring, Scott was genuinely pleased to be part of it.
Having trained as a drummer in his youth, he was dedicated to his gig, enthused by the prospect of supporting some of the best performers in the business, he took no job for granted, and no matter what the situation you could always rely on Scott to be first to offer his services above and beyond the call of duty.
Whilst working at Electromusic in Doncaster he received an offer to go on the road with Longview, from there he was engaged by The Killers, Keane, Australian Pink Floyd, Robyn, X-Factor and most recently, Radiohead. He touched all that knew him, but most of all he made friends with the musicians he worked for and the crews he toured with, bridging the gap between the crew and the band.
On the June 16 2012, Scott Johnson, 33, was killed in the tragic stage collapse that occurred during line check in Toronto, Canada.
A very touching memorial service and gathering followed on 5th July, he was laid to rest at St Wilfred Church in Hickleton village.
- HSL and PSI Announce Dynamic New Partnership
- Chauvet Professional Nexus 4X4 Fires Up Coachella
- Meyer Sound 1100-LFC New Install and Rental Systems
- Jason Aldean Takes Clay Paky Sharpys Along on his Night Train Tour
- Clay Paky with the Britain’s Cheeky Pop Star Olly Murs
- Capital Sound is the classic choice for Il Divo
- Morris Light and Sound Supply Versatile MAC Viper for Eli Young Band Tour
- Only One Direction for XL Video
- Showforce Appointed Beach Polo Partner